Dr. Cheryl Cottrol, M.D.
Dr. Cottrol is highly experienced and dedicated Neurologist, who is Board Certified in Psychiatry and Neurology. Over the course of her career, Dr. Cottrol has treated a spectrum of Neurological and Neurophysiological disorders in a variety of settings including Emergency Rooms, Inpatient Units and Outpatient Clinics.
Dr Cottrol specializes in diagnosing and treating patients with cognitive impairment problems such as memory loss, dementia, post stroke and depression, by utilizing unique Electrophysiological evaluation (EVOX) technology. EVOX procedure involves conducting multiple benchmark tests with simultaneous electroencephalogram recordings of the brain.
During your Neurological encounter at 14 Street Medical Art Center, you will have two visits, Initial Evaluation (by Dr Cottrol’s Staff Physician), and Neurological Consultation (by Neurologist, Dr. Cottrol):
- Initial Evaluation is performed by Dr Cottrol’s Staff Physicians where certain office procedures and diagnostic tests are performed, as needed, such as Blood Work, Electrocardiogram (EKG), Vascular and General Ultrasound Studies, Electromyogram (EMG), Nerve Conduction Study (NCS), Electrophysiological evaluation, Electroencephalogram (EEG), Sleep studies, etc., to create underlying diagnostics and data for proper treatment plan. Dr Cottrol’ state of the art office technology provides patients to do most diagnostics on-site during first visit, all diagnostic results are normally ready within a week.
- Neurological Consultation is performed by Neurologist, Dr. Cottrol. During your consultation visit, Dr. Cottrol will review diagnostic data to creative comprehensive Treatment Plan. If needed, depending on condition, Doctor will do “STAT” / “Wet” (immediate) reading. Dr. Cottrol will use assets and infrastructure of hospitals of Mount Sinai, NYC as well as NYU Medical Center.
Please note that Dr Cottrol does not do treatment or medication management for Psychiatry patients.
Dr. Cottrol has been successfully treating patients with:
- Headaches / Migraines / Vertigo
- Back Pain / Neck Pain / Pain in Extremities
- Fainting / Syncope / Epilepsy / Convulsions;
- Sleep disturbances / Inso
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Psychiatry (Psychiatry and Neurology)
- Medical School - State University of New York, Upstate Medical University, Doctor of Medicine
- New York Medical College, Residency in Neurology
- New York State Psychiatric Institute, Residency in Psychiatry