Dr. Cynthia Harden, M.D.
Please note if you do not have any diagnostics done prior to coming to your appointment with Dr. Harden (ex: bloodwork, imaging, etc ), your upcoming encounter at 14 Street Medical Arts Clinic will consist of two visits, Initial Evaluation (performed by Dr. Harden’ Neurology Staff Physician) and Neurology Consultation (performed by Dr. Harden). You will be receiving a call inquiring about your medical history, and if needed, be scheduled to Dr. Harden directly.
- Initial Evaluation is usually done by Dr. Harden’ Staff Physicians. During this visit, we will conduct certain routine office procedures and diagnostic tests, as needed, such as Blood Work, Electrocardiogram, Vascular and General Ultrasound Studies, Nerve Conduction Study (NCV), Electroencephalogram (EEG), Sleep studies, etc., to create underlying diagnostics and data for proper treatment plan. Dr. Harden' state of the art office technology provides patients to do most diagnostics on-site during first visit, all diagnostic results are normally ready within a week.
- Neurological Consultation is performed by Dr. Harden, where she will evaluate all diagnostics and data, and create your treatment plan. If needed, depending on condition, Doctor will do “STAT” / “Wet” (immediate) reading.
Dr. Cynthia Harden is a compassionate and considerate neurologist who joined 14 Street Medical Arts team and is serving the community of Lower East side of New York. Dr. Harden is board certified in Epilepsy, Clinical Neurophysiology and Neurology. Dr. Harden is a highly respected and established member of the international Neurology community. She has been cited in New York Magazine as a top doctor and as one of the top five epilepsy doctors in the United States in 2014. In April 2016, Dr. Harden became a chair of the epilepsy section of the American Academy of Neurology. Until recently, Dr. Harden was a Director of Epilepsy Services for the Mount Sinai Health System in New York City
During her consultations, Dr. Harden fully explains patients’ conditions and helps them choose an appropriate treatment plan. Dr. Harden gives each patient her focused attention, and she prides herself on delivering the best treatment available. She is dedicated to helping patients receive the treatment they need so they can enjoy a positive and fulfilling lifestyle.
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Neurology (Psychiatry and Neurology)
- Epilepsy (Psychiatry and Neurology)
- Medical School - University of Wisconsin, Doctor of Medicine
- Saint Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center, Residency in Internal Medicine
- The Mount Sinai Hospital, Residency in Neurology
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, Fellowship in Clinical Neurophysiology