Dr. Gul Bahtiyar, M.D.
Please note if you do not have any diagnostics done prior to coming to your appointment with Dr Bahtiyar (ex: bloodwork, imaging, etc), your upcoming encounter at 14 Street Medical Arts Clinic will consist of two visits. You will be receiving a call inquiring about your medical history, and if needed, be scheduled to Dr Bahtiyar directly:
- Initial Evaluation is usually done by Dr Bahtiyar’ Endocrine Staff Physicians. During this visit, we will conduct certain routine office procedures and diagnostic tests, as needed, such as: Blood Work, EKG, Arterial and Venous Doppler, Thyroid Ultrasound Studies, Pulse Volume Recording testing, etc., to create underlying diagnostics and data for proper treatment plan. Dr Bahtiyar state of the art office technology provides patients to do most diagnostics on-site during first visit; all diagnostic results are normally ready within a week. Dr Bahtyar also performs Thyroid Ultrasound-Guided Biopsies, also on premises at 14 Street Medical Arts.
- Endocrinology Consultation is performed by Dr Bahtiyar, where she will evaluate all diagnostics and data, and create your treatment plan. If needed, depending on condition, Doctor will do “STAT”/“Wet” (immediate) reading.
Gul Bahtiyar, MD, MPH is a dedicated endocrinologist, who joined 14 Street Medical Arts to service patients of Lower East side of New York City. Gul Bahtiyar is committed to provide outstanding healthcare to women and men with hormonal diseases. Dr Bahtiyar is double Board certified in internal medicine and endocrinology. Dr Bahtiyar is currently serving as attending endocrinologist at Woodhull Medical Center affiliated with NYU, where she also teaches medical students, residents and endocrine fellows. In addition, Dr. Bahtiyar is a Clinical Associate Professor of Medicine at NYU School of Medicine. She is the section editor of Current Diabetes Report, Pharmacologic Treatment of Type 2 Diabetes.
Dr. Bahtiyar is committed to providing comprehensive care to her patients with type 1 and type 2 diabetes, thyroid diseases, including Hashimoto's, Graves, thyroid nodules, and cancer. She also evaluates metabolic bone disease including hyperparathyroidism; PCOS; pituitary disease; and adrenal disease.
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism (Internal Medicine)
- Medical School - Istanbul University, Cerrahpasa Tip Fakültesi
- Tufts University, Carney Hospital Residency in Internal Medicine
- State University of New York, Downstate Medical Center, Fellowship in Endocrinology
- State University of New York, Downstate Medical Center, Master's in Public Health