Dr. Leon Zacharowicz, M.D.
Your upcoming encounter at 14 Street Medical Arts Clinic will typically consist of two visits, an initial evaluation by one of our staff physicians and subsequent neurological consultation with Dr Zacharowicz:
- The Initial evaluation is usually done by a highly experienced staff physician. During this visit, we may conduct certain office procedures and diagnostic tests, such as Blood Work, Electrocardiogram, Vascular and General Ultrasound Studies, Electromyogram, Nerve Conduction Study, Electroencephalogram, and Sleep studies as needed, to create underlying diagnostic data for our treatment plan. Dr Zacharowicz's state of the art office technology provides patients to do most diagnostics performed on-site during the first visit, and all diagnostic results are typically ready within a week.
-Neurological Consultation is then performed by Dr Zacharowicz, wherein he will review your history, evaluate all diagnostic data, examine you and create your treatment plan. If needed, depending on the condition, he may do “stat” interpretations of studies. Dr. Zacharowicz and our staff will use the assets and infrastructure of NYU Medical Center.
Dr Zacharowicz's individualized approach considers many factors, including lifestyle choices, exercise, diet and stress. Treatment recommendations may initially include lifestyle and dietary changes, vitamins and dietary supplements, medication if needed, and physical therapy. He will spend time listening to you and
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Medical School - State University of New York, Downstate Medical Center, Doctor of Medicine
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, Residency in Neurology
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, Fellowship in Clinical Neurophysiology