Klaus-Dieter Lessnau, MD
Dr. Klaus Lessnau is an experienced and highly regarded Pulmonology and Sleep Medicine doctor who joined MedicalArts team to serve Lower East side community in NYC. Dr. Lessnau is board certified Pulmonology, Bronchology, Sleep Medicine Disorders and Critical Care doctor with over 30 years of experience. Dr. Lessnau is a highly respected and established physician who was named Best Doctor by New York Magazine in 2014. He is currently serving as a Director of Critical Care Medicine at Lennox Hill Hospital
Your upcoming encounter at MedicalArts Clinic will consist of two visits, Initial Evaluation (performed by Dr. Lessnau’ Pulmonology Staff Physician) and Pulmonology Consultation (performed by Dr. Lessnau):
- Initial Evaluation is usually done by Dr. Lessnau’ Staff Physicians. During this visit, we will conduct certain routine office procedures and diagnostic tests, as needed, such as Spirometry, Pulmonary Function Test (PFT), X-Ray, Sleep study insomnia, Sleep study apnea, etc., to create underlying diagnostics and data for proper treatment plan. Dr. Lessnau state of the art office capabilities allow patients to do most of diagnostics on-site during their first visit, all diagnostic results are normally ready within a week.
- Pulmonology Consultation is performed by Dr. Lessnau, where he will evaluate all diagnostics and data, and create your treatment plan. If needed, depending on condition, Doctor will do “STAT” / “Wet” (immediate) reading.
Based on his experience and highly educated professional work, Dr Lessnau is highly equipped to help his patients to deliver the best treatment available. Dr Lessnau believes that his experience and expertise in the field will allow the very high quality care for his patients.
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Critical Care Medicine (Internal Medicine)
- Pulmonary Disease (Internal Medicine)
- Sleep Medicine (Internal Medicine)
- Medical School - Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg Medizinische Fakultät
- Cabrini Medical Center, Residency in Internal Medicine
- Mount Sinai Hospital and Medical Center, Fellowship in Critical Care Medicine
- State University of New York, Downstate Medical Center, Fellowship in Nephrology
- Cabrini Medical Center, Fellowship in Pulmonary Disease