Sleep Apnea Home Test
Home sleep apnea testing provides a board certified sleep medicine physician, Dr. Klaus Lessnau with the information he needs to diagnose obstructive sleep apnea. It allows you to sleep at home wearing equipment that collects information about how you breathe during sleep. You will usually set up the testing equipment yourself.
There are a variety of home sleep apnea testing devices that have different sensors and equipment. These devices measure your breathing and blood oxygen level. Some also may measure your heart rate or other information about your body.
Once test is completed and interpreted by Dr. K. Lessnau, you will have consultation where further treatment plan will be created.
Benefits of doing Sleep Apnea Study at Home
- takes one night;
- don't spend night at the lab;
- ability to diagnose patient with Sleep Apnea fast;
- cost effective - Sleep Apnea Home Test is much cheaper then same test at Sleep Lab
Dr. Klaus-Dieter Lessnau, MD
Pulmonology, Sleep Medicine, Insomnia Testing, Sleep Apnea Testing, Pulmonary Function Testing
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Critical Care Medicine (Internal Medicine)
- Pulmonary Disease (Internal Medicine)
- Sleep Medicine (Internal Medicine)
Education and Training:
- Medical School - Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg Medizinische Fakultät
- Cabrini Medical Center, Residency in Internal Medicine
- Mount Sinai Hospital and Medical Center, Fellowship in Critical Care Medicine
- State University of New York, Downstate Medical Center, Fellowship in Nephrology
- Cabrini Medical Center, Fellowship in Pulmonary Disease
Language Spoken: English, Spanish, German